The Florida Department of Transportation’s Statewide Transit Training and Technical Assistance Program managed in partnership with the Center for Urban Transportation Research (CUTR) have teamed up with the Federal Transit Administration’s technical assistance center for workforce development, the Transit Workforce Center (TWC) to host an Apprenticeship Academy, January 30-31, 2024, at CUTR in Tampa, Florida. The Apprenticeship Academy is intended to assist Florida agencies with existing apprenticeships, as well as those with a serious interest in developing their own apprenticeship programs for transit operators and/or technicians.
Learn more about the Apprenticeship Academy.
The Apprenticeship Academy will accept a maximum of 30 participants, in order to ensure a quality experience for all. Because apprenticeship programs are jointly run, your agency should have representatives from management and the frontline workforce (or, in a union environment, union leaders familiar with the work).
For additional information or to express an interest in participating, contact Stephanie Lewis, email@example.com.
- 01 Nov 2023Everyone can be a Leader
- 19 Oct 2023Never Surprise Them at the Podium – Building Relationships and Informing Decision Makers in Advance
- 19 Oct 2023Uncovering the Truth Bus Accident Investigation
- 06 Oct 2023University of Vermont. Get Moving: Careers in Transit
- 06 Oct 2023National Network for the Transportation Workforce has a National Transportation Career Pathways Initiative
- 06 Oct 2023Advancing Frontline Workforce Development Meeting: Synthesis
- 06 Oct 2023Attracting, Retaining, and Advancing Women in Transit
- 06 Oct 2023Applying Good Business Practices: Hiring, Training, and Evaluating Employees
- 21 Sep 2023FDOT, CUTR, and TWC Announce Bus Operator and Transit Technician Apprenticeship Academy
- 28 Jul 2023Report by Transit Center: People First