The CD-ROM is included with the print version of the report and is also available for download from TRB’s website as an ISO image. Links to the ISO image and instructions for burning a CD-ROM from an ISO image are provided below. View Document
A Microsoft PowerPoint presentation that provides some background on the model and a worked example showing how to estimate ridership on a proposed rural intercity bus route is available for download. Download Document
CD-ROM Disclaimer – This software is offered as is, without warranty or promise of support of any kind either expressed or implied. Under no circumstance will the National Academy of Sciences or the Transportation Research Board (collectively “TRB’) be liable for any loss or damage caused by the installation or operation of this product. TRB makes no representation or warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, including without limitation, the warranty of merchantability or the warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, and shall not in any case be liable for any consequential or special damages.
TRB’s Transit Cooperative Research Program (TCRP) Report 147: Toolkit for Estimating Demand for Rural Intercity Bus Services provides a sketch-planning guide and supporting CD-ROM–based tools that can be used to forecast demand for rural intercity bus services. The tools use several methods to estimate demand, and the report describes key considerations when estimating such demand.
- 01 Nov 2023Everyone can be a Leader
- 19 Oct 2023Never Surprise Them at the Podium – Building Relationships and Informing Decision Makers in Advance
- 19 Oct 2023Uncovering the Truth Bus Accident Investigation
- 06 Oct 2023University of Vermont. Get Moving: Careers in Transit
- 06 Oct 2023National Network for the Transportation Workforce has a National Transportation Career Pathways Initiative
- 06 Oct 2023Advancing Frontline Workforce Development Meeting: Synthesis
- 06 Oct 2023Attracting, Retaining, and Advancing Women in Transit
- 06 Oct 2023Applying Good Business Practices: Hiring, Training, and Evaluating Employees
- 21 Sep 2023FDOT, CUTR, and TWC Announce Bus Operator and Transit Technician Apprenticeship Academy
- 28 Jul 2023Report by Transit Center: People First