Emergency Preparedness, Response, and Recovery for Florida Transit Systems
This webinar is hosted by the Florida Department of Transportation’s Florida Rural Transit Assistance Program (RTAP).
This training will provide a basic understanding of the emergency management framework followed in Florida and provide tips, best practices, and other pertinent information related to preparing, responding and recovering from a hurricane and other emergencies. This session will focus primarily on emergency efforts that need to be understood and communicated when hurricanes have a direct impact on Florida’s public transit agencies. Other topics included during this session will be developing a relationship with the local Emergency Operations Center (EOC), preparing agency staff and their families during an event, planning for fuel and agency fleet, the importance of mission number during recovery, the necessary documentation required for cost reimbursement, and assisting and supporting other agencies when not impacted by an event.
Who should attend?
Florida public transit agency staff responsible for operations and emergency management, and FDOT staff and consultants
Dates of Training:
The same training will be offered on the following dates.
- No sessions at the time – we’ll see you next year!!!
- Monday, January 23, 2023 @ 1:00-1:30pm
- Wednesday, January 25, 2023 @ 9:00-9:30am
- Friday, January 27, 2023 @ 3:00-3:30pm
- Monday, January 30, 2023 @ 11:00-11:30am
- Wednesday, February 1, 2023 @ 10:00-10:30am
- Thursday, February 2, 2023 @ 2:00-2:30pm
- Friday, February 3, 2023 @ 1:00-1:30pm
- Monday, February 6, 2023 @ 3:00-3:30pm
- Thursday, February 9, 2023 @ 2:00-2:30pm
- Friday, February 10, 2023 @ 9:00-9:30am
- Thursday, February 16, 203 @ 2:30-3:00pm
- Thursday, February 16, 2023 @ 4:00-4:30pm
- Friday February 17, 2023 @ 9:00-9:30am
USF is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access Institution. For disability accommodations, please contact Stephanie Lewis at email@example.com a minimum of ten (10) working days in advance to the training session.