A “Gold Star” Moment to Share
As part of the RTAP community, we are interested in sharing your agency news, best practices, and success stories through our RTAP quarterly bulletin. We know every transit agency has numerous success stories, which may be beneficial to others, and we want you to share yours! You may not realize how innovative you truly are. We are looking for your “gold star” moments where an employee went above and beyond, where you exceeded customer expectations, training successes, or any other story that will highlight the great work being done throughout Florida’s rural transit community. As an example, transit agencies traditionally celebrate an operators years without an accident, but when we add ALL of the agency’s years without an accident, that’s a big number. How many cumulative operator years without an accident can your agency boast?
We plan to include at least one “gold star” moment in our RTAP quarterly newsletter and publish the list on the on this page. Submit your great moments to us by filling out the form below! We will feature you in one of our newsletters
Together we are stronger than one agency – let’s help each other improve.
Featured “Gold Star” Moments
2021 Florida Vaccination NumbersA special thank you to our transit partners for their efforts in assisting the community to receive their COVID-19 vaccinations. As of June 15, the following agencies provided over 13,500 vaccine trips to more than 5,000 passengers.
Palm Tran Connection Donated Retired Vehicle to SouthTech SchoolsPalm Tran Connection donated three retired paratransit vehicles to SouthTech Schools.
MCAT Assists with Transporting MealsMCAT has been assisting Manatee County Neighborhood Services and the community by transporting meals from the Meals on Wheels Warehouse to a local church food pantry location.
MV Transportation Community OutreachStaff developed a safety board to educate the community about pedestrian safety and distracted driving.
PSTA Bus Operator Goes the Extra MilePSTA bus operator goes above and beyond to help a community member with cleaning and restoring his home.
MCAT Operator Goes Above and BeyondHarry Quinter demonstrated his commitment to his passenger’s safety.
Customer Service Success at VOTRANVOTRAN received an email from a citizen regarding the possible placement of a new bus stop in front of the Port Orange YMCA
- 07 Nov 2022Incorporating ride-sourcing services into paratransit for people with disabilities: Opportunities and barriers
- 07 Nov 2022Paratransit services for people with disabilities in the Seattle region during the COVID-19 pandemic: Lessons for recovery planning
- 07 Nov 2022Barriers and opportunities for paratransit users to adopt on-demand micro transit
- 07 Nov 2022Intelligent Paratransit
- 07 Nov 2022Hybrid scheduling methods for paratransit operations
- 07 Nov 2022On-demand microtransit and paratransit service using autonomous vehicles: Gaps and opportunities in accessibility policy
- 31 Oct 2022Transit Workforce Shortage
- 25 Oct 2022Serving People with Autism on Transportation
- 12 Oct 2022Microtransit Definitions, Trends, and Applications
- 12 Oct 2022Microtransit: On-Demand and Open to All