U.S. Department of Transportation
Research and Innovative Technology Administration
Federal Highway Administration
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
For copies of this CD, please email ITSPUBS@dot.gov and include contact information (name, address etc.) and number of copies requested.
The U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) initiated the Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Public Safety Program in 2000 to increase transportation safety and mobility through new and dynamic partnerships linking the transportation and public safety communities – including law enforcement, fire and rescue, emergency medical service (EMS) providers, emergency managers, and emergency communications providers – at the Federal, State, regional, local, and tribal levels. To achieve these goals, the ITS Public Safety Program has been a collaborative effort among the Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA), the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA). Through these partnerships, the program has developed and demonstrated innovative procedures and technologies for more coordinated public safety and transportation operations.
- 21 Sep 2023FDOT, CUTR, and TWC Announce Bus Operator and Transit Technician Apprenticeship Academy
- 28 Jul 2023Report by Transit Center: People First
- 27 Jul 2023Transit Workforce Shortage Study
- 22 Jun 2023Hiring and Retention Strategies Whitepaper: A Perspective from Florida Transit Agencies
- 22 Jun 2023FDOT State Transit Strategy Report
- 07 Nov 2022Incorporating ride-sourcing services into paratransit for people with disabilities: Opportunities and barriers
- 07 Nov 2022Paratransit services for people with disabilities in the Seattle region during the COVID-19 pandemic: Lessons for recovery planning
- 07 Nov 2022Barriers and opportunities for paratransit users to adopt on-demand micro transit
- 07 Nov 2022Intelligent Paratransit
- 07 Nov 2022Hybrid scheduling methods for paratransit operations