In October of 2016, the California State University Long Beach Research Foundation was awarded FHWA Grant #DTHF6116H00030, the $1.25M Transportation Workforce Strategic Initiative, on behalf of the National Network for the Transportation Workforce (NNTW). The NNTW is a university-based collaborative of regional transportation workforce centers that provide research and strategic partnerships for FHWA’s Office of Innovative Program Delivery.
Over the course of its two-year lifespan, this strategic initiative sought to establish a set of five transportation discipline-focused career pathways that could be deployed within post-secondary education/training institutions nationwide, in order to begin the development of forward-looking, technology-infused workforce pipelines that would lead students and job seekers into critical occupations within the highway transportation sector.
- 01 Nov 2023Everyone can be a Leader
- 19 Oct 2023Never Surprise Them at the Podium – Building Relationships and Informing Decision Makers in Advance
- 19 Oct 2023Uncovering the Truth Bus Accident Investigation
- 06 Oct 2023University of Vermont. Get Moving: Careers in Transit
- 06 Oct 2023National Network for the Transportation Workforce has a National Transportation Career Pathways Initiative
- 06 Oct 2023Advancing Frontline Workforce Development Meeting: Synthesis
- 06 Oct 2023Attracting, Retaining, and Advancing Women in Transit
- 06 Oct 2023Applying Good Business Practices: Hiring, Training, and Evaluating Employees
- 21 Sep 2023FDOT, CUTR, and TWC Announce Bus Operator and Transit Technician Apprenticeship Academy
- 28 Jul 2023Report by Transit Center: People First